Been Thinking About....
In light of recent events...terrorists attacks, school shootings, etc...
Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11th). Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"
I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK. Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves. Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.


5 Comments:
very,very true!
although i have heard many of those statements before, when it is all layed out like that it makes a person wonder what in the heck were they thinking when they chose to do away with God and the Bible in the most applicable place.
Thanks for the insight Tiff.
AMEN!!...she put it in a very interesting way that I never thought about before...
Thanks for your comments girls! Glad you enjoyed the "insight". Every now and then I get these little blurbs from my brain - teehee!
Tiff
wow how true.
good thoughts!
Hats off to you for being so open about that.
It is so true! What do people expect when they don't want to include God in anything that they do? He is truly a gentlemen, and lets us do what we will. He CANNOT force our will. We will pay the consequences if we choose not to follow him. His burden is light, his yoke is easy, yet we choose to live without him and suffer the consequences. Wow, I've got to stop before I start preaching...
Post a Comment
<< Home