
We are back!! We arrived back last Monday and had an amazing trip! I am sorry to say though that three weeks is a whole lot and probably too much to catch you up on, so if you need to see pics and read all about the vacation, you will have to do so on my facebook account, which is found under Tiffany McGraw-Legere.
I did however learn quite a few things while away:
1. I don't think that we will ever go away again for Christmas. As nice as it was to be in the warm sun, it just wasn't Christmas without the tree, the snow, the presents, waking up Christmas morning to the kids excitement, family, the turkey, etc. Nothing can replace that. We may leave Christmas day after all of that - haha - but will have to make sure that we are at home for Christmas morning. It was just too wierd being away for Christmas.
2. I HATE iguanas - I found this out when I saw them all over the ruins at the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, Mexico. They blended in with the structures and freaked me out totally!
3. FastPass is our friend - this is a sort of "hold my place in line" idea thought up by the brilliant minds at Disney. You pick up a FastPass ticket for a certain ride, which tells you to come back at a certain time, and when you do come back at that time you get to head to the front of the line. You can find out more info about it here if you are interested: http://themeparks.about.com/cs/disneyparks/a/fastpass.htm
4. Taking a 3 week vacation with family is a LONG vacation: I loved the fact that we were able to take such a long vacation and that we were able to spend it all together, but three weeks is a LONG time together. When you are used to seeing each other in the morning, and then at supper time and a bit in the evening, then all of a sudden you are with each other every waking moment, tempers and patience become a test. This also helped me learn all about "ME TIME" and how much I needed it - haha!
5. DO NOT have your hair braided at the Tatoo King in Nassau, Bahamas, even though they are "cheaper" than the licensed hair braiders. They may seem to be cheaper than the licensed hair braiders, but once they are done putting in the VERY small braids, compared to the larger ones that the licensed hair braiders put in, they end up being a whole lot more - especially at $2 a braid!!! You may think that it wouldn't cost that much at $2 a braid, but after 34 braids, we thought differently. We got taken on that one.
6. I HATE the snow, the cold, and just plain winter. Yup, it's official. Give me snow on Christmas eve and maybe a few days after that, but beyond that I see NO need for it. It took me a whole three days to warm up and get used to the weather here again. I know that we will be living somewhere warm at least for the winter month in the next few years. We are already looking at purchasing a time share from Disney.
7. I am not very patient. I guess that I kind of knew this fact about myself before, but a whole three straight weeks with the kids, standing in line ups, and waiting and waiting around for things REALLY brought this point out. I composed myself well, it's just that I was constantly telling myself to be patient.
I know that I learned a whole lot more about myself and our family in these three weeks, but these were the imporant ones.
I am adding a recent picture of Noah and his hockey team. He is so cute and really enjoys hockey. Enjoy!
Oh yes, I almost forgot. We are leaving on the 23rd of January for Mexico for our national conference with PropertyGuys.com. We are really looking forward to it, as we have been nominated for five awards and are hoping to bring home the BIG one of Franchisee of the Year. We are going for one week and will be leaving the kiddies at home and will be able to enjoy some "Hubby and Wife" time. Take from that what you want...haha!
Happy New Year to all...until next time...



2 Comments:
Good Luck for your award!! I'm glad you had a great vacay :)
Thanks Nancy! I will keep you posted! Great NYC pics by the way! Looks like you guys had fun too! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
<< Home