Friday, November 21, 2008

Yup - here I am again apologizing for not blogging in a while. I am in the midst of planning for SO many things, that I guess that I sort of forget about this little blog that I have. We are busy, busy, busy with work (trying to finalize everything for the end of the year and our upcoming conference in Mexico in January), planning a family vacation (we are heading to Florida for three weeks with the kids for Christmas), church (we are the Young Adults Pastors at our church and have lots of exciting activities on the go, and much, much more! Of course add in there that it is Christmas in about four weeks, and you have "The Perfect Storm". Haha! Just kidding! It's all great and lots of fun!

I wanted to share a short story with you that someone brought to my rememberance the other day. It's cute and inspirational all at the same time.

Enjoy!

Charlie Steinmetz designed the generators that powered Henry Ford’s first assembly lines in Dearborn, Michigan. Sometime after he retired, the generators stalled out, bringing the entire plant to a halt. Ford’s engineers couldn’t find the problem, so he called his old friend Charlie. Steinmetz fiddled with the gauge, jiggled that lever, tried this button, played with a few wires, and after a few hours threw the master switch. The motors kicked on, and the system returned to normal. Some days later Ford received a bill from Steinmetz for $10,000. Ford found the charge excessive and wrote his friend a note: “Charlie, it seems awfully steep, this $10,000, for a man who for just a little while tinkered around with a few motors.” Steinmetz wrote a new bill and sent it back to Mr. Ford. “Henry, for tinkering around with motors $10, for knowing where to tinker, “$9,990.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home