Monday, August 13, 2007

The following broke my heart and made me cry, thinking of my own children. Bullying hasn't changed since I was a kid, and I don't think that it is going to. Kids are just plain cruel, and the only thing we can really do is educate our children to BEAT THE CRAP out of anyone who tries to bully them. Okay, okay...so that was a little harsh...but how was this little boy to defend himself? Read on...and please give me your comments...
Bullies push boy, 6, into lake; he drowns


Sun Aug 12 2007
http://winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4021093p-4633468c.html
A six-year-old Pauingassi boy drowned as a result of bullying from his peers, RCMP confirmed Saturday.
Six-year-old Adam Keeper died after he disappeared early Tuesday evening, and a community-organized search found his body hours later near the banks of Fishing Lake.

Sgt. Steve Colwell said three boys -- ages seven, eight and nine -- stripped Keeper naked and pushed him into the lake.

Keeper couldn't swim and drowned after he was unable to keep his head above water.

Colwell said the three youths were questioned about the young boy's death, but can't be held criminally responsible since they're under 12.

"He was pushed into the lake," Colwell said.
"There's nothing more we can do, criminally."

He said the RCMP have closed their investigation and turned the case over to Child and Family Services.

The boy's father, Harvey Owens, said his son didn't know how to swim.

"(Adam) never swam before," Owens said
These boys were just that...boys! And because they are under 12, there is nothing that can be done. They murdered an innocent little boy, and nothing will be done about it...
In my opinion, I think that the parents of these boys should get jail time.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MUST AGREE WITH YOU! TEACH YOUR KIDS TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM! How else are they going to get it to stop? The parents may tell them to, but really, come on!

 
At 12:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup definately a little harsh tiff
beat the crap out of them?
i understand your anger though
things bullys learn this stuff at home though. obviously the parents don't teach them the difference...

 
At 12:28 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Can't say I agree with your thoughts on the parents doing jail time for their children's actions. Doesn't equate....

I do think there should be consequences for the boys involved though...regardless of their age. While the law may not permit them to face criminal charges of that of an adult, I can't imagine that the juvenile courts wouldn't be able to get involved.

Sad situation...very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home