Thursday, May 29, 2008



1/2 Pound - OUCH! That's all that was lost this past week...but apparantly I have a good explanation for it...

MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!

With all of this working out and exercising we are bound to build muscle, which even though we are loosing fat, still weighs more. Before I got on the scales Leon (the program director) actually said that he expected me and everyone else to be "up" in weight this week. I asked him why and if there was a cheat meal that I didn't hear about that we could have. He said it was because of all of the muscle that we are building...and a lot of us were up or had just barely lost anything. He is going to take our measurements at week 6 to show up that we are still loosing...inches and fat, just gaining muscle.

So, I guess that works for me...

By the way, that's human body fat in the picture above - all that I lost - ewww!
UPDATE:
I just came back from my consultation with my nutritionist (Steve Sweeney @ Simply4Life), and I discovered something pretty cool. I told him that I was only down a 1/2 pound and why I though that was, the muscle weight.
He then proceeded to tell me to take off my "gold" wedding ring. Then he told me to rub it on the side of my cheek. I was baffled by this point, wondering what on earth he was doing. I did so, and he began to laugh. I couldn't figure out what for. Then he said, "It was just as I suspected - you are about to start your period". Okay - coming from a man is wierd enough when talking about your period, but rubbing a ring on the side of my face and then telling me...
He then told me to go look in the mirror. Sure enough, there was a big black line down the side of my face from where I had rubbed the ring. Apparantly, about a week or so before your period is to start, the chemicals/ingredients in a gold ring will have an effect with the chemicals in your body - mainly on the cheek. Wierd, eh?
Needless to say - more bloating and water retention = only a 1/2 pound lost.
For all of you male readers - I apologize. I realize that talking about a woman's period TWICE in one month may be too much for you to handle!!! Haha!

2 Comments:

At 11:58 a.m., Blogger Nancy said...

Wow that's amazing... I had no idea!! Does it work with white gold ?

PS I never knew you had a blog until right now!! You sneak!

 
At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Tiffany (and Donny) Legere said...

No, I don't think that it works with white gold - just yellow gold.
Sorry Nancy - I assumed that you knew about my blog from Jill...now you know, so you can't be mad anymore...haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home